Jerzy Chlebowski
November 2, 2008

Hi again,

another long week and weekend in the most comfortable classroom in the entire world – your own room at home – has just passed.

As I have been going yesterday and today thru posts, readings and exercises I came to the idea to give you some of my observations on time management. I think this may be interesting for those of you who do not know yet what kind of program to select…

If you ever decide to get into and MBA program you really need to be prepared for sacrrifizing some of your personal life, some of fun that you usually had and some of other things you could imagine.

Do not believe anybody that it is smooth and easy. It is a lot of work, but as I am, you probably will be enjoying the positive feeling of knowledge geting into your head fast.

The most important in the program is consequence and systematic work. If you fall back with any of the subjects you may have difficult time to get back on track. It is sometimes difficult to keep up, especially when you travel or have lots of meetings (or, what worse, both of these…) but the good thing is that you may basically access the campus on line anywhere. I have been going thru posts in a train, on the airport and in the bus.

How is it comparing to other type of programs? I will tell you what a good friend of mine told me. He was doing a weekend program so he was in the school on Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday. And this continued for over two years. And he spent, as we discussed this issue in detail, basically the same amount of time I am currently spending during the week. But, the main difference is – he HAD TO go to the school every weekend and what I do is that I am comfortably sitting in my own chair and contemplating readings on the screen of my PC … and in the break I can have a cup of nice cofee, tea or …. anything else ­čÖé

So have a good week and if you have any particular question pleae do not hesitate to mail me.

Best

J

No Comments

*