Novel Tjahyadi
November 3, 2008

Who’s not multitasking in this world? We all are.

If you can’t handle multitasking, forget about doing the IXMBA (International Executive MBA) program. That’s what the program is about.

Wanna know how I handle multitasking? Simple. Take your reading materials to the Paris Tennis Masters’ final! That’s right. That’s what I did! I was reading the Operations Management’s case for our next week’s online session while watching the final match between Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France) and David Nalbadian (Argentine) yesterday.

I was pretty sure that people sitting around me had thought that I was some kind of nerd or weirdo. Never mind. I was just thinking of doing something useful during the three-minute breaks in between the odd games rather than watching the empty court. Guess what… it turned out to be a productive reading! Honestly, I found it weird myself, because usually I need some tranquility while doing my reading. But this time, the shouts and the loud cheers inside the indoor stadium did not seem to bother me!

In the end of the three-set match, I finished up reading the article and more importantly I enjoyed the match too! (It was a good one albeit not that incredible.)

Ok, don’t get wrong. I am not trying to portray something that leads you to believe that the program is a piece of cake. Not at all. The message I am trying to send here is that once you are in the program, you will appreciate your time even more. Every single minute of your life is so precious that you can’t even let it fly without doing anything productive.

After all, the IXMBA program is about multitasking and time management.

No Comments

*