Amani Hindawi
December 4, 2008

Since, We at the IXMBA-2007 are almost done and have only two more weeks to go, I thought that it would be  sort of a good blogging finale, if I talk about why most of us chose “IE” in particular for our MBA’s and not some other business school in Europe or even the United States.

BusinessWeek -in its last issue, published its new rankings for MBAs and Business Schools all over the  world.  Instituto de Empresa, IE Business School has received an impressive second rank for its MBA program (for a non-US based Business School),  although there are more “renowned” schools -by that I mean, more recognized, more advertised, more famous and maybe having a longer track record in MBAs and Executive MBAs, but by no means do I mean better.

IE has been consistently getting high rankings (among the top ten) for both of its MBA and Executive MBA programs over the past years, in more than one category by several entities; Financial Times, Economist, BusinessWeek and others.

It’s precisely that, which drove many of us to choose IE over other schools in Europe and the US, and We as future alumni should work on always helping IE to maintain and advance their ranking not for the rankings’ sake but for the sake of a better education and standard of students as well as caliber of graduates. IE’s responsibility of course, would lie in maintaining and deliberately enhancing those standards by guaranteeing the employment of the best standards, material and teaching methodology, choice of students, courses and syllabus, choice of professors as well as maintaining that edge in entrepreneurship and its International savvy.

Over the years, several US and international schools have established themselves as brands of a good education and benchmarks, and we would like “IE” to become one of those brands with a long track record of world class standards and a model of modern education.

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/

Amani Hindawi

1 Comment

Although I am now a prospective student, I agree with your post.

IE has been ranked among the best, and me as a person who wants to start up a company after an MBA, require more than a mere ranking. Why? Because I will not be hired by any companies. Because I will rely a heavily on the acquired abilities during my MBA to succeed. And its good to know that this school provides them.

A long lasting good impression, backed by good numbers in terms of employment, and IE ex alumni positioning han give IE the competiive edge over other schools.

Comment by Miguel — February 25, 2009 @ 2:16 am

*