Virginia García
January 13, 2009

I don’t really remember when I wrote last time…. But I think it was a loooong time ago… yes, now I remember!! It was before Christmas Holidays! And what for a holiday… two weeks without classes, assignments, forums and my job… of course, my job.

But, I had to study a bit… that’s true.

Do you know what a translator (like I am) does in a MBA? The answer is easy… meet new and very interesting people, learn from great professors and SUFFER WITH THE FINANCIAL SUBJECTS!!

Yes, I’ve been suffering from the very beginning… it was about 15 years that I didn’t use the maths, and, what about the financial terminology? if you understand it, it can be two options:

1st: you are a genius

2nd:you’ve been trough an MBA

yes don’t laugh, there is only these two options ;-). But do you know what?, I’m learning a lot, the issue is that now I have to convince my professor about that and it is not that easy… (I will send Carmen the link to this post…)

The true is that, now, I’m surprised sometimes when some sentences come out of my mouth… mmmm …did I say that? … I have to recall it and…. YES!, it is true! it was me making a comment about  the crisis of the automobile industry or the future of the SME’s (Small and Medium Enterprises) in Spain… incredible but true…

The moral (every happy ending story has to have one) is: If you are planning to study a MBA and you are afraid of the subjects, because there is a looooong time that you don’t read a book or do you think that your background is insufficient… GO FOR IT!!

Maybe thinking on the story of the translator studying a MBA helps you to pluck up courage, if I can… for sure you will!  

But remember, sleeping more that 6 hours a day is not allowed in any MBA 😉

Encouraging story, but for me it is around 10 years working as media developer but still some time dream of an MBA.

Comment by Bahamas Cruise — May 19, 2009 @ 11:22 pm

Veryy enerǥetic article, ӏ enjoyed that bit.
Ԝill there be a pрart 2?

Comment by verhuiswagen — April 30, 2014 @ 11:28 pm

*