Karen de Meza
March 8, 2009

It’s almost a week since I posted my last blog and that’s mainly because I have been working so hard I haven’t had time until today. 

Before I started the course I wasn’t sure how I would manage to balance work, personal life and study; being honest I think the main thing I do less of now is watch TV!  The course has to be stimulating for the brain, so perhaps I can now also give up the Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training on my Nintendo DS or perhaps not as I may now be able to recapture my youth and return my brain age to 20-something!

The classes on line take a bit of getting used to, but actually they are really good.  For example I have noticed that some people who didn’t speak much in a large class of people are making excellent contributions to the on-line discussions.

The discussion board (DB) is very addictive though and I am finding that the first thing I do when returning from a meeting or if I have a spare moment is to access the DB.  Partly, so that I’m not left with lots of posts to read at once, but also because I’m interested to see what everyone thinks. 

The professors are very experienced at directing discussions and as a learning tool they are good because you can also go back and review the comments as they are in hard copy, which would not be possible if we were in a class and making the comments verbally.

Well I’m off to get my DB “fix”, see you next week!

1 Comment

I’m curious how much time you are spending each week on course work? I’m strongly considering this program and wanted to check.

Thanks!

James
USA

Comment by James — April 3, 2009 @ 2:13 am

*