Michaela Götze
March 17, 2009

Lessons learned: 1. Organization

Back in Madrid- fantastic weather, more fantastic to see everyone offline again-mixed feelings:

• We are tired 😉
  • We are proud
  • We are happy
  • We are sad

Exactly one year ago we started with the first residential period and now 13 months gone like nothing.

I met one girl from the new intake last night for dinner and it is interesting to see how different they are compared to us. I would say much more serious- more nervous and tensed. But maybe it’s just because we are now quite relaxed compared to them. We know we have the most difficult part behind us and there are just some little steps to go.

So for all of you who just started don’t worry you will make it.

In case you feel a bit lost, pressured and anxious I suggest the following general advice:

1. Structure yourself– I have to say one of the most important things I got out of the Master is how to organize myself better- now I am so organized and structured that one of my Master colleagues even called me “German Police” last time as I ask to be more structured ha-ha
  2. Find the courage to skip things– now I can admit it because the subject is over- I never read the Marketing Book we received I just picked some structures out of it (Sorry Maria)
  3. Learn to prioritize (concentrate more on subjects who are difficult and show the professors that you have problems with it but that you try they will not cut your head off – promised – they are all very helpful)
  4. Don’t hesitate to ask for help– i.e. send me a mail if you have problems with the Master in Digital Marketing I am happy to support you
  5. Talk to Marta she is fantastic
  6. If you think it’s too much and can’t stand it anymore have a break– eat a KitKat or just have a beer.

Greetings from sunny Madrid

Michaela

No Comments

*