Inmaculada Valle
May 1, 2009

I heard about the Master in Biotechnology Management at IE during an MBA fair, ummmm, interesting: an on-line program that last 13 months.

I started to take into account different things: on one hand, it is just one year, it allows me to work at the same time that I am improving my education, plus it is focused in the field that I want to work, so it’s perfect! On the other hand, (things are never black or white, of course) it is an on-line program …, am I really going to learn something? Will it be worthy? One year just me and my laptop …, what about the interaction with teachers and students? What about the network that we are supposed to create?, etc…, well, I am pretty sure  you get the idea …, I was having mixed feelings.

Well, the program starts in Madrid where it is hold the first of three presencial periods that form the course. You will be there for 2 weeks that are supposed to help you to meet your classmates and teachers and to create some kind of bonds that will make easier to work in groups when everybody goes back to home. Well, me personal experience during those 2 weeks went through this:

1st day: we have the introductions, everybody seem to be “normal” people… let’s see how it goes…

1st night: beer after class and we go from talking about the master, the different subjects that we have to study for… (“boring” stuff)… to: age, number of children, boyfriends/girlfriends, etc

1st week: I have spend ~14h/day with the rest of students, at this point most of us already have a nickname, I have laugh in these 7 days more than in the previous 3 months… and I am a happy person who smiles a lot : ), so that is something…

1st and a half week: we start to think that is going to finish too soon…, at this point we know a lot about each other, we have heard a lot of stories about each other life … some of them you wish you wouldn’t have heard them … : ))

2nd week: time to say goodbye : ((, nobody wants to leave Madrid, do we really have to go back to our jobs? Uffff, nooooooo,

in short: it was great! we work 24/7, but we had a really great time and the interaction with the rest of the people was just unbelievable good…

next time I’ll talk a little bit about how was for me the start of the online period….

I tried once to make an online master in open source program. It was a desaster but it was my fault! You have to be very serious if you want to make an online master, study every day!

Comment by Diseño Web y Marketing Online — February 9, 2011 @ 1:13 am

After a bit of a blogging break, I’m back. It’s so lovely to read your news. Your blog is looking beautiful. AS xx

Comment by HID Torches — April 30, 2012 @ 6:05 am

*