Borislav Kiprin
November 13, 2009

As a first post, I think it is only normal to explain how I got here at Instituto de Empresa studying Masters in Digital Marketing.

If you are reading this blog, you are obviously interested in doing a Masters in Management or an MBA and second to that you might be also thinking of doing online, as yours truly does. So, in the following lines I will be laying down my approach to picking up this degree and enrolling for it.

•    Researching is a major point of a such endeavor. You are about to spend enormous amount of hard earned cash or actually get a loan from you bank. In both cases this is motivating you big time. What I did can be summed up in the following bullet points:
•    I figured out that a general MBA won’t cut it for me, because of the number of graduate available and the fact that I already did my Bachelor in Business Administration
•    I started researching online for a Marketing degree that focuses mostly on Digital, but also includes traditional approach.
•    I talked to friends that have done their MBAs in Top 25 schools. Asked many questions and got some valuable answers.
•    Got on FT.com, WSJ.com, BusinessWeek and Economist and checked all the rankings. I personally think that this is not a major think, but you will be surprised how many hiring manager pay attention to that, if of course you don’t know that by now.
•    Once, I got to know IE and their program, I didn’t even want to apply to the previously envisioned universities. I went strait to talking to the guys and submitted my application.
•    To my surprise I got an answer, plus proposal to enroll within two weeks. All done in a very professional and enthusiastic way (and I am not talking about my approach here)

Everything happened so fast that I was only able to believe it when I got to Madrid for my first face-to-face. Before it all seemed like an illusion.

Well, this is for this week. Next post I will be sharing my initial impressions of the program and hopefully answer some of the questions you, as a reader, might have.

Financial analysts work for insurance companies, banks, investment firms or any companies that require an analyst to manage their funds.

Comment by K James — November 13, 2009 @ 1:28 pm

Fantastic website, must come back here , very interesting content, bookmarked your blog for future reference.

Comment by Emma Robert — November 17, 2009 @ 8:23 am

i am going to subscribe to this informative blog, i am in London want to apply for digital marketing degree in any Irish university.

Comment by iPhone Applications — November 20, 2009 @ 2:05 pm

In this competitive business world , marketing is also undergoing different transformations. An simple masters degree is not enough as the technology changes very rapidly. A degree in digital marketing is having wide scope then a general MBA degree.

Masters in Digital Marketing is a competitive and challenging program and it is more valuable for your organization.

Comment by Gary — November 24, 2009 @ 8:45 am

[…] to let you know that today I have published my first post on IE’s Online Master Blog. Do have a read if you are interested in knowing more about the […]

Pingback by IE’s Online Master Blog Entry « Borislav Kiprin's Blog — July 7, 2010 @ 10:28 am

Pingback by IE's Online Master Blog Entry « Borislav Kiprin's Blog — July 7, 2010 @ 2:30 pm

Great job, i really like what you are doing with thhis website, keep up the good work!

Comment by Abby — September 18, 2010 @ 10:40 pm

Nice first article. Keep it up.

Comment by Ajay Jha — December 7, 2010 @ 7:58 pm

This is definitely a program I’d enroll in. It’s the future.

Comment by Ted — December 15, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

Thanks for sharing your path to a Masters in Digital Marketing. That’s great you did it!

Comment by Scholarship — April 25, 2013 @ 12:08 am

nice share pal

Comment by gelas — September 12, 2015 @ 6:40 am

*