Patrick Engelhardt
December 17, 2009

Before leaving this blog, I would like to take the opportunity to share my feelings about graduating from IE. Just a few hours ago, we got our final grades and the confirmation of our graduation. Needless to say we are all very happy, but also very tired from the very final efforts during our last presential period in Madrid. Like one of my fellow colleagues mentioned just yesterday, the human body has its limits, and we sometimes pushed the limits very far during the last 13 months.

A few words about the ongoing discussion about « online » MBAs. Some people may think an online MBA is less valuable than a pure face-to-face MBA. The online MBA is structured in a way that everybody, really everybody in the class needs to participate actively. During the weekly discussions on the different topics and case studies, every student made in average between 3 and 5 postings with a average length of 5 to 10 lines. In face-to-face classes, some people say a lot, many a few things and some manage to get away in saying nothing. The added value of an online MBA is the fact that you are getting the input and the experience from every class member. In our class we made 600 postings a week, totalling up to over 25000 postings for the whole MBA. I’m not making this statement to defend my MBA; I’m just challenging everyone to image how many hours of face-to-face classes are needed to get these 25000 interventions from everyone. At the very end this is the main point of doing an Executive MBA at IE; benefitting from the professional experience of people coming from 25 countries from all over the world. If you think that theory is more important, then spend a few hundred Euros on textbooks.

When we started we were told that it would be “Hell”. It was very hard, but it was also very motivating and fun. Of course I learned a lot of theory and new stuff; more important however for the future were the things I learned about interacting and working in multi-cultural teams. Finally I learned a lot about myself; my strengths and my weaknesses, and so far in my life no experience gave me so much input and feedback than this MBA. Many colleagues in the class shared the same feeling.

I could tell a lot more things about this MBA, how enriching the two weeks in Shanghai were, to discover a completely different and yet so important environment for our future. But I will only conclude by saying that this whole MBA was an awesome experience, and that I don’t regret my investment, neither in time, nor in money. And now that I have some spare time, don’t hesitate to contact me by email to get more details and answers to questions you may have!

Wishing everyone, especially my fellow classmates and the IE team, a Merry Christmas and lots of relaxing fun on New Year’s Eve.

Patrick

Customers are looking for businesses through maps on their smartphones, and taking advantage of all of the latest technology.
At the beginning of the search engine optimisation process, your SEO company should have researched and discussed your critical keyword phrases with
you. If you’re doing a lot of flash development on your site – especially the first page – there’s nothing for the search engines to READ.

Comment by http://tahoecaretakers.com/ — May 21, 2015 @ 2:59 am

nice share

Comment by obat cantengan — October 2, 2015 @ 9:20 am

oke sakarep mu we cak obat berlendir

Comment by govinda — October 5, 2015 @ 10:45 am

*