Ram Parasuraman
April 7, 2010

So, it is April 5th, a couple of days after the iPad craze. I am in this Apple store in Palo Alto curious as a geek to check it out and to get a better “feel” for it.

The first glance is very impressive, the touch screen glides with your finger, it is very quiet, runs smoothly and impresses with its rich colors and imposing graphics. Webpages look a lot more crisp….

But hey, which webpage do I check out first? Even before the brain thinks, the fingers begin “touching” the letters in the following order:
c a m p u s . i e . e d u and then a tap…

Lo and behold.. the crispiest feel of the IE Campus Online on the iPad. It was splendid and I couldn’t wait to tap in my first post from the iPad. But hey, it was just after the weekend and I still had not read the case completely, so had to wait for another opportunity since I did not decide to buy the iPad at the outset due to some limitations like multi-tasking, which meant I could not simultaneously tap the post while watching Mumbai vs Chennai battle it out in the IPL Cricket tournament. It is a different question altogether whether I do that today, but hey! 😉

Now I guess I understand what Professors and former students and fellow bloggers mean by MBA Addiction. If you can’t get forums and courses out of your mind when you are at an Apple store poring into a Magical device, then you possibly can never get it out any time! 😉

Great sharing a first insight with us Ram. Now considering to have all books, cases, tech. notes etc. on ONE SINGLE DEVICE is like birthday, christmas and easter falling on one day 🙂
Being a geek myself, I am also on the “cant wait to get that damn thing list” of apple, still some days to go though in CH.
Ertan

Comment by Ertan Uzundemir — April 7, 2010 @ 5:57 pm

Thanks Ertan! It is a lovely product, but just not fully baked as yet I feel. There is room for improvement and Apple will get there.

Comment by Ram Parasuraman — April 7, 2010 @ 10:47 pm

Great post.I bought an iPad and must say its not as good as its hype.I dont know what people were so excited for…
But iPad has brought with it a new era of technology!

Comment by Sim Aurile — April 25, 2010 @ 6:00 pm

Thanks Sim! Yes indeed. I think the excitement is because it is a new category of product, brought out by one of the most innovative companies in the World, for usage-scenarios (i.e. browsing, e-reading) that is all too common these days. For sure the first versions will have their flaws and shortcomings, but it is a great start I think!

Comment by Ram Parasuraman — April 27, 2010 @ 12:53 am

I think the same. im completely ipad addicted… you can read all your student books, very nice.
best regards from germany,
tobias

Comment by Tobias — June 23, 2010 @ 6:02 pm

I bought my 3G iPad about two weeks ago and have been playing with it every day since. That’s what you do with it. Play with it. It’s a fun toy

Comment by ipad competitors — January 31, 2011 @ 11:30 pm

*