Raakesh Menon
May 7, 2010

Let me share this one exciting aspect of the GMBA program.

A very unique aspect of the IE GMBA experience is being able to be part of the IE alumni right from day one of your program. This is indeed very unique. Myself and most of my batch mates haven’t come across many schools offering this access to their current students, probably none. Isn’t this exciting?

In Singapore (where i’am based) the IE club has this regular monthly meet and we just had one earlier this week. I had this golden opportunity to meet the alumni, get to know them, make friends, learn from them and their experiences at IE and after, and above all network with them.  They made me feel very much part of them (infact i had lunch today with an alumni 🙂 ). The support and sense of community of the IE  team here made me very proud of being a part of IE. Though frankly i never picked IE for my MBA based on this aspect, i now feel very enthralled and this has become one of the biggest add-on’s of doing MBA from IE for me.

Though mainly on-line we all feel very much connected to IE – the School, the Program, the Professors and to our batch mates , but now being part of alumni that connection has only strengthened further. I’ am sure a lot of good thoughts would have gone into permitting current students from on-line programs to be part of Alumni.  In fact the current students of online programs (like GMBA) has even the option to be part of the organizing committee of alumni clubs. All this makes the whole aspect very very unique.

It’s a packed schedule during the MBA – work, studies, assignments, family – but i’ am sure i will definitely have those few hours every month for a connect with the IE team here now and later . It is indeed an awesome experience.

With this signing off for now, but do stay tuned in & have fun 🙂 .

Very good Raakesh! Excellent to network with alums early on.. I wish we had such a sense of communIEty here in the US… I am sure it is just a matter of time 😉 My hope is everyone is rushing in their applications having read my US tailored Q&A 😉

Comment by Ram Parasuraman — May 8, 2010 @ 6:50 am

Hi Ram, this is indeed one of the best part of our MBA. And as you mentioned – its just a matter of time :). To add, the clubs around the world aren’t limited to alumni residing in that city. Its open to all.

Comment by Raakesh Menon — May 9, 2010 @ 4:58 am

*