Ram Parasuraman
May 11, 2010
Hi again y'all! 

As my dear friend Raakesh pointed out below, with a beautiful collage of his Team, we bid goodbye to the first half of our Global MBA program. We're now organizing into our new groups and planning the next half, the critical march to the finish line. We are also getting a good feel for how we did in the first half with a valuable Leadership Development tool used by several top companies in the US and Worldwide, the 360 Degree feedback. Here, instead of managers and direct reports, your peers, the 5 or 6 people who have been working with you closely over the first half get to convey tangible feedback about your performance. IE asks for our sincerity in doing this and rightfully so. This is an important way of benchmarking your performance in various facets of the program vs your own assessment. 

IE gives us a concise 4 page report noting a.) Self Assessment, b.) Group's Assessment and c.) Class Average for each metric. With this, there are several possibilities:

a.) You rated yourself very high but your group did not even rate you on par with class average — You think you are great, but are in fact not! 😉
   b.) You rated yourself low but your group not only rated you better, but also higher than the class — You're much better than you give yourself credit for!
   c.) You rated yourself high and group rated you high   — fairly valid assumptions, you know your strengths, now go hone it further.
   d.) You rated yourself low and group rated you low — again, you seemed to know your weaknesses, go figure!

c and d were quite rare for me and so it was a very useful report in the end. It showed essentially that my perception about myself is quite different from that of the group. Certainly there are areas in which you are above, below or on par with the class. I took it with a grain of salt, not reading too much into it, but still taking away some very clear trends on what needs improvement. I see this as a mirror that your group shows you, so that you see yourself better and are able to fine tune your skills better. It was a valuable exercise and I know I gained from it. I sure do hope that everyone else did too.

The report I got at the end of the period is a valuable autograph from my group, the Red Pandas, to me. The beautiful comments I got at the end of the assessment are mine to keep, for life 😉

Until I see you guys again…

The IE Global MBA from Rainy California GMBA Prospective Students Q&A

Hey Ram,

Maddy here! Very good posting. I know that the Myers’ Briggs helped me out and Wharton had a similar assessment as well.

Hope you are enjoying your MBA. Keep in touch da.

Comment by Maddy Vasudevan — May 11, 2010 @ 3:47 am

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Montana

http://pianotutorial.net

Comment by Montana — May 11, 2010 @ 5:11 am

@Maddy, Thanks a lot for dropping a line Maddy! Will stay in touch with your Wharton exploits! 😉

@Montana – thanks for your gracious comments.

Comment by Ram Parasuraman — May 11, 2010 @ 8:00 pm

Again a very beautiful post by you and I really thank you for writing such wonderful posts. You are right. Feedback is required to judge ourselves and know what improvements we have to make.

Comment by John — May 12, 2010 @ 6:52 am

Thank you John! Hope you are finding this useful.

Comment by Ram Parasuraman — May 21, 2010 @ 9:17 pm

As a business owner, this presents a couple of options.
What if that site got to where it’s at because
you hired an SEO company and they were SO smart that they had figured out
Google’s algorithm and gotten you the spots you paid them to get you strategically.
Whether you know it or not, there are a lot of different
channels that you can explore to get more market share, but that doesn’t come without
a little bit of work.

Comment by www.naazneeninvestment.com — May 21, 2015 @ 12:58 am

The lack of fresh content will lead to loss of popularity and reader interest.
check out for sustainable kewyord ranking and white hat seo on ~
[.

Comment by cookedbyjulie.com — May 21, 2015 @ 1:03 am

*