Josep Curto Diaz
September 12, 2010

My first post in the Online Masters Blog. Finally.  Among all the cases and forums (and exams and the overwhelming work for the business plan) of each week, I will dedicated some quality time for providing insights about what does it mean the experience of living an International Executive MBA Online at Instituto de Empresa. I will try to post every two weeks (hopefully). Going back and forth. Trying to explain my experiences before, at the beginning and during this exciting period.

Let’s try to summarize my last four months. This time will be short. Try to imagine: you are doing your MBA, you have a family (very important) and you are working. Such a huge challenge to find an equilibrium. Among everything, I remember the first day. Our first face-to-face period. I was eager to know everything. After Gamaliel (the Director of the program) explained how the experience will be the next 13 months, I thought: “This will be as hard as climbing the Tourmalet. Let’s go for it.” But, we will come back to that day.

Now we just come back from the “summer break” and we are on the road to our second face-to-face period in ShangHai in January. Exams, Business Plan and more classes. But again all together. It will be great.

Ah, my name is Josep. I’m a student of the International Executive MBA. Glad to know you and please ask anything about the IE experience you want to know.

[…] Some time for my first post en el Online Masters Blog del Instituto de Empresa en el que iré escribiendo durante los siguientes meses. […]

Pingback by Sin tiempo de escribir 12/09/2010 « Information Management — September 12, 2010 @ 11:51 am

Hi josep
I am seriously planning to apply for Executive online MBA and also start by November.
Can you share your experience regarding online experience of this MBA ? Is it good enough to keep you going ?
How do you learn things such as Conflict resolution, etc. though this ? can distance learning substitute for face to face MBA ? Also, how well do you connect with other students & faculty as Networking is key component of MBA ?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ashit Ghevaria

Comment by ashit ghevaria — September 14, 2010 @ 9:22 am

Hello Ashit.

Great Questions. Almost the same that I had some time ago. Let me try to answer some of your questions. Next time more. This week is really hard.

This MBA combines three face-to-face periods with two long online periods. The first online period (the only one by now for me) let you meet all the students, your work group and your entrepreneurship group; design and find how is going to work your group and which is the required rhythm for the online period. Those two important weeks are very intensive. Although it’s possible to think the online people is relaxed, it’s a wrong thought. Completely. All the groups are really motivated and the communication is really high. We use several ways: the online campus, gmail, skype, adobe breeze and conference calls. Everything. In fact, I really enjoy video-conference. So you speak with your team almost every day as you have to work on several cases at the same time that you participate in several forums.

The professors provide really good material (pdf, book references, video, conferences,..) that let help you to achieve the knowledge to answer the cases. And their guidance through the forums provide the right ways to consolidate the concepts and the insights. One key point: when you write down an answer, you take more with the words, the meaning and the format than if you say it. So you can find really high quality answers.

Overall, I’m really satisfied with the MBA and this provides me energy to keep going.

Hope this will help you. Next time, I will try to answer the rest of your questions.

Best regards
Josep

Comment by Josep Curto Diaz — September 14, 2010 @ 11:29 pm

This is a good article in Some time for my first post, but would you please describe, how do you do your study before you write the statement? Is there any reference regarding the statements?

Thanks.

Regards,
Jere Tawil
Sketza.com

Comment by Jere Tawil — June 24, 2011 @ 10:42 am

Hello Jere.

Good question. Usually you have some Technical Notes or maybe you have to read a chapter of the main book. This action let you learn the key concepts to be used in the statement. Well, this is just the beginning. As you can imagine, the deeper your knowledge, the more concepts you will apply in your statement.

Please don’t hesitate to ask more things.

José

Comment by Josep Curto Diaz — July 1, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

Guarantee your IBM 000-122 exam success with our Exam Resources . Our IBM 000-122 exam are developed by ExamKiller experience’s IT Professionals working in today’s prospering companies and data centers. All our IBM 000-122 exam certification including real exam questions which guarantee you can 100% success IBM 000-122 exam in your first try exam.

Comment by Alonso Maddox — January 6, 2014 @ 7:19 pm

*