Raakesh Menon
December 14, 2010

Today, the 14th of Dec 2010, was the day for the final examination of GMBA’10 batch. This final examination was the business plan presentation of the 10 groups to the jury, with all the groups looking towards presenting and justifying the business plan of their respective entrepreneurship ventures. This was a day that had all the essence of the 14 months we all spend together, the learnings from it, the camaraderie we built online and through other modes. On the lighter side it also showed the fun we had over the whole course and also the ‘awesomeness’ of this wonderful bunch. As i write this the feeling is more of excitement on clearing the final test of endurance from our end. As i see it everyone has come out in flying colors. There were lot of learnings today during the entire session from all the teams, and the experience of listening the business ideas from budding entrepreneurs were just amazing. I have never seen so many great ideas flowing out and trust me all the presented ideas are really good to go to the market. I wish all my fellow budding entrepreneurs the very best in their ventures.

With this and with completion of some additional courses we all will be graduating by this weekend. And with just three days left for our graduation, on 17th Dec’10, i do feel a little sad along with being excited. The sadness is just on account of the fact that this fun ride with this awesome group of friends is going to end. The daily posts, the weekly team meetings, the team assignments, the presentations, the never ending list of case studies  (whose number of pages kept increasing as the courses went on), the planning of team activities, the tests, the individual assignments, the panic, the lack of sleep, the VC – all going to be missed. As they say all Good Things Does Come to An End. But yes this experience will live forever and ever.

As i write this today the only other thought in my mind is the graduation from a top b-school like IE. I made it, we made it. We Survived :).

Let me take this blog to thank all my teams, my classmates of S1, the batchmates from S2, the professors, the program management team for the experience called GMBA and wishing you all the very best. It is you who made it happen for me.

Thank you.

1 Comment

Yes, the final is always exciting! no matter how many years you were not! that the school that at that age, when you’re head of the company and still aims to educate

Comment by custom paper — August 13, 2016 @ 8:25 pm

*