Adam Derk
January 29, 2011

As my introductory blog post, I just wanted to say Thank You to all the previous IE Bloggers.  One year ago, I set my New Year’s Resolution to pursue my MBA.  At the time, I probably didn’t really believe I would accomplish it as it felt like such a large, and sometimes unattainable, goal.  I also started building up these imaginary reasons why I wouldn’t be able to do it… I had a full time job, I have two small kids (5 & 2), I provide the only income for the family, and the list continued. 

This time however, I felt something was different… I felt this was my chance to actually make this goal a reality.  I started off small by checking out some GMAT Test books from the local library, and then just kept chipping away… Before I knew it, I was researching schools and was even brave enough to schedule my GMAT exam.  Long story short, a series of baby steps slowly began to move me into right direction. 

When I started looking at schools, I remember pouring through this very blog trying to get a feel for what it was really like to be a student at IE.  Looking back, I think it was a pretty fair representation 😉  I truly hope that I too will be able to offer some reflection and possibly encouragement that may help someone else out there who may be on the fence about pursuing their MBA at IE.  My experiences at IE have been nothing short of extraordinary, and while I have one year remaining I am excited about what is to come.

I will sign-off of my introductory post now… I have a Strategy PPT due in 8 hours and a Chapter on Cost Accounting that I have yet to read.

No Comments

*