Afueri Edeki
April 4, 2010

I’ve been putting off my first post for a while wondering how to start, what to say, what to share and what not to! Well I’ve decided to take the Blogs Title as my inspiration “living ie online masters”. So there will be many posts from me about my MBA life online but it’ll be kept short and very informal “not more than 8 lines per post and 4 posts per week” 😉

So a little intro: This is my 6th month in IE and literally it feels like yesterday when I had my phone interview with Stephen laughing over Nigerians being one of the happiest people in the world! 🙂 Needless to say I proved that saying right after getting my acceptance. I started planning; thinking I’d have time to learn Spanish, write blogs, travel every other month…well out of this list I’m just getting to the first right now!

The global MBA is harder than any course you may venture into and the challenge is exhilirating to say the least. Most people are discouraged in completing a course online and now I have a habit of clearing up this view. I just state the fact; I’m completing a full time MBA with a different mode of delivery. Assignments due with deadlines, participation in classes, team meetings, professors guiding learning, structure with spontaneity…its all the same. As though I sat in a room on a campus somewhere…but there’s one big difference in the GMBA. Real time practice!

Everyday each student gets to apply in real-time what they’re learning! No downtime, no “theory now, practical later”…real life is taking place and the GMBA has made it possible to simultaneously apply and grow in the path you’ve chosen or help you in changing paths, why wait a year to do that!?

Well now I’ve done exactly what I hoped I wouldn’t do…”defend” the GMBA.
It doesnt need defending, the results do and will continue to speak for itself! So on that note…

O di aaro (good night in Yoruba)
Afueri

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.