Mia A. Gapuz
April 6, 2010

LISTEN.

Last month, I found myself getting a new mobile phone. I was surprised, most new models are now touch screen- where I can do Facebook, browse the web, pay online, or watch my favorite video on Youtube. These are SMART Phones. Funny, the old ones are now called DUMB Phones. Mobile evolution maybe?

Last night, I had a nice chat with five friends in five different places. Cool Messenger. And a year now, I update my family friends with my whereabouts- thanks to my blue bird pal, Twitter. Do you feel like bragging? Well, go online and get all those nice photos shot in various places in the world uploaded- in Facebook, Friendster or Orkut.

Why am I telling you all these?

THINK.

Because the primitive Homo Sapiens has come to evolve far beyond genetics. Like the Smart phones. Few have come to realize this, and many wouldn’t care much. But who cares anyway?

People look for opportunities. Get good employment, start their own businesses or get a good sideline. Why do we go to school? To get a good job? This is one side of the mentality. For me, the other side is – to build and maintain a Good Business.

Think about this: who would have thought that the Facebook which was started by a 23- year- old student and Google, which was started by a pair of PhD students are now worth billions of dollars?

For me, being equipped in this digital world to get a good job is really great what more to start up an online company.

Think about taking the road less travelled…

ACT.

All these are the reasons why I did the most important act- I enrolled at IE’s Masters in Digital Marketing. To learn Digital Marketing? Yes, but its more than that. A month at IE has taught me much more than I expected. Every day is very surprising and interesting. Very organized, very structured. Very practical and useful in my day to day role as an entrepreneur. The people are great. The professors have varied backgrounds which enhances my experience and learnings. The best thing is that, I am learning all these way far advanced than anyone else in the industry.

On the way to being a TECHNOPRENEUR? Working it out…

… NOW

I believe that recognizing the opportunities in the digital world at this early is the first step in becoming successful in any field that anyone is into. May it be running a business or getting employment.

The homo-sapiens have now evolved to being Digital Natives. Where most of their times are spent in the online world. Where they speak with one digital language. And those who would not find out what this language is, will face the fate of the Dumb phones.

When I recognized this opportunity, I did not lose any more time. I went online and proceeded with my enrollment at IE.

AHA!

At IE Business School, every after conversation with a classmate- i never fail to hear- “See you in the online forum”.

Next week, my classmates and I will meet at Miso’s Soup Kitchen at Second Life.

Now, I’m learning the Digital Language. ☺

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.