Belén Fernandez
April 18, 2010

If you are one of our readers…have you already realized how difficult is for many authors to even find time for their first post? He he, you are starting to get it: Time management is key for success in an IE IXMBA.

Don’t worry, you will learn how to “maximize the available time” every day… After several months of hectic workload, I have developed a deeper understanding of the meaning of Carpe Diem from Horacio (Odas, I, 11) or “Seize the day”, although it has acquired a slightly different connotation 🙂

We are now on the second online period of our International Executive MBA. I’ve learnt how to read cases remembering key points (so I don’t need to spend another hour reading the case again in order to answer the online questions in the forum), I have polished a “sixth sense” for hints when reading, i.e., “mmm… it looks like this doesn’t fit in this context” (and I quickly highlight it in a different color)…And then, often it is a key point of the case, as I discovered later in the class forums. All these little tricks will save you time and will mean that you are becoming more efficient in your use of time.

If you are thinking about earning an MBA…be aware of your great opportunity of discovering another perspective of the Carpe Diem concept…how to make every minute count in your 13 intensive-learning months 😉

Of course, you will have ALL your “after-the-MBA-life” to return to the universally known concept of Carpe Diem, he he, the one that includes “real free time” and enjoying your personal life again!

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.