Ajay Swamy
November 28, 2012

The Beginning 15 Months ago!And then there were none!

Courses that is. That’s right; we’re currently in the midst of the last 2 courses of our Global MBA. The words super excited, almost there, cannot wait, woo hoo, party etc. have made their way in frequent conversations with my GMBA colleagues. A few weeks ago we completed Marketing Strategy and Supply Chain Management classes and we’re currently in the midst of Human Resources Management (HRM) and Management Control. These last 2 courses culminate with our final pitch for Entrepreneurship in the last residential week in Madrid.

Management Control is a fantastic course which along with Entrepreneurship really brings together everything we’ve learned in the GMBA.  Along with HRM, Management Control focuses on strategic planning & management, performance management and control. It’s about all the essential skills you need to be a successful senior manager. HRM brings a humanistic, people management perspective and once again IE’s combination of courses means we can use concepts learned across the 2 classes to really add depth.

The schedule for our final week in Madrid looks fascinating. We will be exploring a variety of issues from corporate social responsibility to leading change and cultures of Middle East, India, China and Japan – finally concluding with career development and of course graduation! To keep up with the tradition, our GMBA class this year is throwing a dinner & party for all of our families and friends and of courses our esteemed professors, advisors and the staff at IE who helped with the program this year.

Recently, I was asked “Are you looking forward to graduation?” While the answer was a resounding Yes, I have to admit I will miss the interaction & knowledge sharing with my esteemed colleagues. The value added by my class mates through this MBA journey is much cherished and now I truly understand why IE makes a conscious effort to embrace intelligent diversity. It really challenges your perspectives. With that said I cannot wait for Madrid – the classes, the after class tapas and vino and of course spending time with colleagues with whom I shared this profound and challenging journey.

Don’t worry, I’m not done yet! Look forward to my update after graduation. Thanks for reading.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.